Position: Temporary Works/Scaffolding Design Engineer/Manager
Location: Coulsdon, Surrey with site visits throughout the South East
Salary: £60-70k+ per annum & tailored benefits package + training
GW Coote is a successful company that has been established for 6 years. We are going through a period of expansion so it is an exciting time to be joining us. Our clients are predominantly in the South East.
Responsibilities will include –
• Providing scaffolding and temporary works design schemes for a large variety of projects.
• Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
• Apply engineering knowledge to analyze the structural integrity of scaffolding and temporary works structures.
• Assess and design out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
• Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, provide reports of visits to clients in a timely manner. Liaise with clients and site teams as well as represent the company at design and site meetings.
• Supervise 2 established CAD technicians, provide technical support, check work and identify learning and development needs.
The successful applicant will have –
• A minimum of HNC in Structural/Civil Engineering
• A good understanding (preferably practical) of the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of scaffolding, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
• Flexibility, initiative and a passion for working in a fast paced environment which is constantly evolving, changing and growing.
• Good standard of computer literacy, including Word and Excel.
• Meticulous attention to detail in your own work and for checking of others work.
• Excellent written English in order to be able to compile reports for formal submission.
• Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to scaffolding and temporary works.
• Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.
• The ability to use own initiative and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal communication skills in order to communicate with external parties at all levels
• The ability to impart knowledge and experience to more junior colleagues.
• AutoCAD draughting skills to UK construction design standards.
So if you are looking to join a growing and evolving company, have good attention to detail, have a passion for innovation, enjoy being involved in new projects and seeing them through to completion, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.